This is a very old blog post, information here might not be valid anymore.
I recently posted my first app to app store and already get rejected ( after 8 days of waiting for someone to look into my app ). Here are 5 tips which will help you avoid rejection and additional time required to review your app :
1. If your app requires login remember to provide demo account. If your up supports multiple types of login like facebook, twitter or normal login for registration in app provide both in review comments and normal credentials in demo account fields. My first app supports Facebook and normal login and I get rejected because I provide Facebook credentials and apple reviewer tried to put them into normal login (even I mention this in “review comments” that they are for Facebook Login)
2. Remember to try your app in offline mode. If your app is typical online tool, display nice massage to user that he should be connected to WIFI/3g and allow them to reconnect.
3. App versioning. Your app should have version higher than 1.0 also you better not use anywhere word beta because your app can be considered as unfinished.
4. Apple want you to pay 30% of all transactions related to your app so don’t try to put purchase button anywhere. You have to set price to your app or use In App purchase.
5. Test, test and one more time test. If your app crashes or causes memory leaks it will be rejected even you display nice information that something goes wrong. Remember that you can always test on hardware or use ad-hoc distribution to let your friends test.
After you get rejected by apple to continue review process you must confirm your changes by clicking at button located at app page which confirms that you made changes. Your app will be again in a review, this can take again several days. In some cases, your app will need re upload through Application Loader.